[Linux-Anyway] Re: 19" CRT Monitor setup in SW9.1

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:00:38 -0800 (PST)

> Apparently, if you have an Intellimouse you need to specify
> "Auto" as the mouse protocol instead of "IMPS/2".

   Same idea applies to either xorg.conf (as I ~did~ have it
running for root for a minute, there) or XF86-4 (or whatever its
called); MouseMan+ won't work in either with the MouseMan+
protocol, but rather only works with IMPS/2.

   Incidentally, for any running gpm, go by what I say above for
your mouse in the gpm.config too, or your mouse won't work.

   Meph

--
   Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest
   human beings infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful