[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: harness lou_allround en-ueb-g1.ctb problem continued

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 14:35:44 +0200

On 10/02/2014 02:35 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

problem.  So I thought maybe the “which” was not showing me really which
lou_allround binary was being run.  So I broot force removed
lou_allround from /usr/bin.  From that point on there was no
lou_allround to be run.  So then I thought cool I will just copy the
working lou_allround from my tools directory and see if that fixed the
problem.

This is the result I got:

When I run the lou_allround  that I copy into usr/bin from the
liblouis/tools directory I got an error of:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/bin/.libs': Permission denied

If you look at the file `lou_allround` in the tools directory you'll see that it is just a shell script where presumably libtool sets up the environment to find all the right libs and then starts the real `lou_allround`. `make install` does the right thing and copies the binaries and the libs to the right place. Now, if you just manually copy `lou_allround` which is really a shell script you are bound to loose.

When running the test suite I try to do some of this setting up the environment, so the test suite actually uses the code and the tables in the source directory. The Makefile.am in the tests dir contains the following line:

TESTS_ENVIRONMENT =
                                \

LOUIS_TABLEPATH=$(top_srcdir)/tables,$(top_srcdir)/tests/tables,$(top_srcdir)/tests/tables/moreTables
   \
        PYTHONPATH=$(HARNESS_DIR):$(top_srcdir)/python:$$PYTHONPATH
                                \
        HARNESS_DIR=$(HARNESS_DIR)
                                \
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(top_srcdir)/liblouis/.libs:$$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
                                \
        PATH=$(top_srcdir)/tools:$$PATH

Here you can see that LOUIS_TABLEPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH have to be set up. Could this be your problem?