[liblouis-liblouisxml] harness lou_allround en-ueb-g1.ctb problem continued

  • From: Ken Perry <kperry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 12:35:42 +0000

With all the problems that I can't seem to get fixed in Liblouis when running
the test harness and UEB I took a bit of time off Liblouis. I am back and
wanted to fight through it.  I found some interesting information that I think
someone who is more familiar with the liblouis path structure and configuration
might be able to help me fix.

First to start off with if I build liblouis on my two different linux boxes
after making sure to remove any liblouis install I get the same result.  The
result being that if I run lou_allround and try to load the en-ueb-g1.ctb.  It
fails with 87 errors.  Now if I run the lou_allround from the tools directory
of my build with the en-ueb-g1.ctb table  it works fine.  I have no path set
for lous_tablepath so that couldn't be a problem.  So I thought maybe the
"which" was not showing me really which lou_allround binary was being run.  So
I broot force removed lou_allround from /usr/bin.  From that point on there was
no lou_allround to be run.  So then I thought cool I will just copy the working
lou_allround from my tools directory and see if that fixed the problem.

This is the result I got:

When I run the lou_allround  that I copy into usr/bin from the liblouis/tools
directory I got an error of:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/bin/.libs': Permission denied
/usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: cannot open output file
/usr/bin/.libs/8841-lt-lou_allround: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit statusn

So then I tried
Sudo lou_allround

And it worked without errors when I load the en-ueb-g1.ctb table.  After that
it always worked until I try to do make install again and it over writes that
lou_allround binary.

So can anyone tell me what is going on?

Ken