[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New Releases

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: michael.whapples@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:13:05 +0200

"Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) writes:

> OK, done something slightly different, mainly because it seemed to
> make sense.
>
> This keeps the API slimmer than having a separate function for
> disabling logging. I am not sure it needed to be any more separate
> than setting the log level, it makes sense as well to put it there
> (well actually it was always there because of having log levels built
> in).
>
> If we feel happy with that I will see about updating the NEWS file (if
> needed).

From what I can tell the api seems sensible. There are a few minor nits
which I'll specify in response to the commit message. The one thing that
struck me as a bit odd is that there is a new function 'logWidecharBuf'.
Isn't it almost doing the same as 'print_widechars' in test/brl_check.c?

Also should we not change all calls to lou_logPrint by lou_log?
Otherwise you will never see these messages in the callback, will you?