[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New Releases

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 15:03:17 +0100

Hi

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Personally, I think environment variables are not a good idea. In any
> case, it would not work well with BrailleBlaster. The new
> lou_setDataPath enables the program itself to tell the libraries where
> the liblouis/tables and libluisutdml/lbu_files directories are located.

My use case is mainly that I have multiple directories where the braille
tables are located. For example when testing I have a directory with
test tables yet they might include standard tables, so I need to look in
both directories for tables. Right now I just copy the test tables into
the same directory as all the other "system" tables which isn't very
elegant.

> The nodes for the new functions are currently defined as just comments.
> They need to be tied in with the other nodes and put in the indexes,
> etc.

I just commited a fix for the documentation. All should be well now.

> The C part of the Java bindings is indeed included in the tarball and is
> linked in as part of the library. However, the Java part is not. It is
> in a subdirectory of the java directory called src/org/liblouis I put
> Makefile.am's in the src, org and liblouis directories, but they aren't
> registering with autotools.

You need to add all the Makefiles to the configure.ac file, e.g. as
follows

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
                 gnulib/Makefile
                 doc/Makefile
                 java/Makefile
                 java/src/Makefile
                 java/src/org/Makefile
                 java/src/org/Makefile
                 java/src/org/liblouis/Makefile
                 man/Makefile
                 lbu_files/Makefile
                 liblouisutdml/Makefile
                 liblouisutdml.pc
                 tests/Makefile
                 tools/Makefile
                 m4/Makefile])

That will at least get the Java file packed into the tarball

> I think that configure.ac should be modified to check for a Java
> compiler and only build the Java bindings if one is found on the system.

That requires a bit more work. You might want to look at how invocation
help2man is done in the liblouis configure.ac. I might be able to look
into it after February 1st.

Jetzt kostenlos eidgenoessische und kantonale Abstimmungsunterlagen
aus 17 Kantonen zum Hoeren auf CD abonnieren: medienverlag@xxxxxx