[LRflex] Re: Z + N = ? OT (maybe)

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:42:54 -0400

George Lottermoser wrote:

On Jun 7, 2011, at 3:18 PM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  I'd add that the Leicaflex SL viewfinder is biggest,
> brightest and accurate out to the corners.  Magnificent.

What do you attribute the exceptional performance to Doug?
<<<

There are a number of factors, but they include a full-size glass
pentaprism, a very high reflectance mirror, tiny microprisms on the
viewscreen instead of matte plastic, a convex pentaprism bottom instead of
fresnel rings, and the high magnification was possible without a dim
viewfinder because the mirror, prism and viewscreen passed so much light to
the eyepiece.  High eyepiece magnification with a wide field of view
usually costs viewfinder brightness.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com