[LRflex] Re: Z + N = ? OT (maybe)

  • From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:12:17 +0200

True; i have sent the 4 CFV backs (which we use in the Art Academy)  with the
H'blad 503 bodies to , i think they do it in Denmark, for
calibration/alligning. Costs: about 1600 euro for the 4 camera's.

regards herman

Given the apparently near zero tolerance of these
flat plane sensors in relationship to their viewing/focusing systems;
and their $7 - $50K price tags;
one would expect that the final calibrated installation
would be included in the price.
I.E. I'm buying your back - here's my camera - line it up.
To some extent this seems to be true with the Leica S2 and M9.

I also wonder if this is the real price difference between
the $7K Canon or Nikon Pro models
and the ProSumer models.

Regards,
George Lottermoser