[LRflex] Re: Z + N = ? OT (maybe)

  • From: "W.B. Abbott" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:49:50 -0700

On Jun 2, 2011, at 2:16 PM, philippe.amard wrote:

Philippe,

> I can't really understand your move Bill

Sorry I wasn't clear about wants, needs, motives, biases, etc. I was focused on
technology.

> - is your DMR and R9 failing?

No.

> If not what more do you expect from the D700 if it is not for AF ???

Less weight and bulk for an eighty year old person to carry around. I had no
problem with an R7 with a couple of lenses (my gold standard) but the R9/DMR is
a horse out of a different barn. A digital R7 would be ideal, IMHO.

My lightweight M9 is a jewel and does every thing I could ever want camera-wise
but there are times when I want or need a reflex camera. Old age vision is a
reality, even after two very successful cataract surgeries.

Best,

Bill