[jos64] Re: Magazine.

  • From: Ramlink666@xxxxxxx
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:51:35 EST

billnacu@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<     It wasn't meant to be a knock. But Why not publish in HTML?  Every
 platform has access at least to reading docs in that format.

                                        Greg\DAC >>
I am considering many options at the moment, but an online publication is low
on my priorities.

I am looking to set up a business that will hopefully ligitimise (in a small
way) platforms like Wheels, MegaPatch 3, WiNGS etc... and/or change (some)
peoples misconcieved preceptions about older technologies. Many people, at
least in the UK, still think of the C64 as "that machine with the tape deck".
I would like to change this as much as I can, and hopefully have a healthy
number of readers. It's going to be an uphill struggle, I know, but with
careful planning I am sure I can reach my final goals which is a professional
publication supporting technologies of yesteryear, and to see small, but
healthy returns.

Don't worry, I am not about to rip people off, I just don't want to go down
the "fanzine" road. All being well, I should be able to find enough
advertisers to keep costs low, and this is exactly why I need to take this
seriously.

Again, all comments are welcome. My new email address, specifically for the
magazine, is retrocomtoday@xxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Shaun.
-