[jos64] Re: Magazine.

  • From: Greg/DAC <billnacu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:14:33 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Wildstar wrote:

> Why not have it be in ASCII and the pics be in JPEG (.jpg)
> And have it be Zipped in a (.zip) format. Most any platforms would handle
> that.
> All that they have to do is where there be a picture of an item. State "load
> picname.jpg to view". All we need to do is use our favorite JPEG viewer and
> view the JPEG. For JOS/CLiPS users that would do this nicer than non-JOS/CLiPS
> users due to multitask.
>
> A good app could be written in ML for viewing JPEGS and viewing ASCII text
> files in one program. Hope to see it.

   Yes, well, this is what an HTML document is. :)  And this program you
speak of that can view text and Graphics... Can you say, Webbrowser? :)
The Wave will be able to do Graphics one of these days.  And JOS will have
a webbrowser in the future. The GUI just needs to get settled down, and
integrated with the CLIPS gui... then a webbrowser can be worked on.

                 Greg\DAC