[jhb] Re: RNAS Yeovilton

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:38:26 -0000

So if the bitmaps are now embedded into BGL files in FSX how does a designer
open a texture file?

In FS9 you can look at all the photo scenery bitmaps in ImageTool and edit
them in PSP. Autogen Animator also opened the bitmaps so you could place
autogen objects. None of these tools can open BGL files so are designers now
locked out of scenery editing?

Are the default FSX textures also BGL files and the sim has no textures
other than the DDS files wrapped round aircraft?