[jhb] Re: RNAS Yeovilton

  • From: "Fred Stopforth" <fredstopforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:10:04 -0000

Well Frank I hope the move goes smoothly and see you back online shortly. Fred ----- Original Message ----- From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 3:42 PM
Subject: [jhb] Re: RNAS Yeovilton

Bones

There are 3 volumes, each volume has 3 areas(I think or is it 4, as I have put them all into one folder), each area has 2 photo\scenery folders and 1 mesh\scenery folder and 1 night\scenery folder(empty).

The 2 photo\scenery folder and the 1 mesh\scenery folder all contain *.BGLs suffix not *.BMPs suffix

I have put all the 1.2 *.BGLs in one folder, all the 2.4 *.BGLs into another folder and all the Mesh *.BGLs into a third folder. Thus reducing the number of Library entries. I could have put them all in one folder, but kept them separate.

The total file size of all the *.BGLs is just over 61gb (yes gigabytes), hundreds of them. And it takes at least 2 hours to install each volume (on my machine).

There are by default no Texture folders, which have now been created by me where needed, this is where the *.AGN files are put.

If you add in FSX and overhead, your are looking at a minimum drive capacity of 70gb. That is before you start adding scenery and extra AC!!

Hope that this clears it up.

BTW, I will be closing down my current ISP, maybe next Thursday, due to moving. so I will be looking at closing my Email address at that time, hopefully to restart with a new address (temporary, until I get my new permanant address) within 2-3 days.

FF