[jhb] Re: RNAS Yeovilton

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:32:37 +0000

franklyn fisher wrote:

OK but how do you then add your AC to the field then.

FF

We decided not to send out that option, since adding my AI to TM's scenery would be a can of worms. If I'd added just Default AI it would be straightforward, but they haven't anything suitable. It's not possible to send out my traffic file with the aircraft I've used in that screenshot, because they aren't my aircraft to send out. I tried some time ago, by giving the names of the aircraft to search out and download. That produced a raft of queries on downloading, installing etc that I didn't welcome. Worse, although accompanied about a warning on the effect of AI on framerates, it produced complaints about the effect of AI on framerates! One "guru" with commercial attachments decompiled my file just so he could tell me I hadn't programmed it the right way. My off list replyto this non JHB type was that it worked, it was freeware, if he didn't like it just disable it!

So, the only way to get traffic is, I'm afraid, to do what I've done and experiment with creating AI, either by the FSX SDK route or via the FSX version of TTTools. However, there's a health warning. If you have a mix of FSX and FS9 Traffic files then none of the FSX version will work; they're shy! It's worth dabbling with, though I couldn't write a tutorial.