[jhb] Re: Not too hot

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:19:46 +0000

Hi Kev,

No problem. My fault as I had indeed misheard as 360. Hearing definitely not what it was. With EGNS at 40 dme I tried to contact FF, at Ronaldsway Tower. No joy until he changed to a different frequency, then good contact.

Off for a small reviver!

Thans to JHB at both ends.

May be back later.

Gerry Winskill

175@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Just online at Farnborough, delighted to see Jerry on the apron as I logged on.
Flightplan to EGNS (home). Winds calm, he was heading for runway 06.

He called up.

Herein I have to apologise, my performance was poor, I suggested a heading from
06 which should have
routed him direct to NORRY, his first waypoint.
Traffic was light but mostly using 27 at Heathrow.

Diamond 068 took off and turned on a heading which kept him out of EGLL
airspace but on a Northerly
heading. I should have asked, but as I didn't confirm any clearance, I watched
as he climbed, still
Northbound for another 10 miles, at which point I wondered if my 300 degrees
had been heard as 360
degrees and asked.

Jerry accepted "own navigation" and spent some time travelling West to regain
his original
flightplan......Sorry.

This only serves to highlight the need for clearance so that both parties are
aware and can follow
the flight progress. I'm still trying to avoid the pregnant pauses over
clearances as I look up the
lesser used ISEC's and Fix's...

Once again apologies offered.

G'day