[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising Windows (was: Iconising files)

  • From: Peter Bell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:06:43 +0100

In message <fe9fRLAsg3YEpwBH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Where on earth do you think the windows are iconised to, then?
                                   ^^^^^^^

 [Snip]

> Don't know where the file is iconised to, which is why I raised the
                       ^^^^

> issue.

Peter, it is a *window* which you are iconising, not a file!  Persisting
in referring to it as a *file* only serves to confuse the issue.

However, the point I was making is that the window *is* iconised to the
Pinboard (which you refuted in your earlier post) - look at the name of
the application whose menu you called up to retrieve the window.  The
problem here (which is still to be resolved) is that the icon
representing the window does not get displayed.

We have had other people stating that they can see windows (or were they
files?) which are iconised to their Pinboard - I guess what we need to
do is try to ascertain what differences exist between machines which do
display the icons and those which don't

> Thanks for that

No problem.

> (There had to be a way of finding it)!!!

Indeed!

--
Peter Bell - peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx