[iyonix-support] Re: Iconising Windows (was: Iconising files)

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 08:01:13 +0100

In message <ICCamIAR37YEpwj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > > I have the iconise function in !Boot (pinboard) set to iconise
> > > to the top right corner of the pinboard. When I click the
> > > iconise button on a Fireworkz document, no icon is displayed on
> > > the pinboard for that document.

[snip]

> However I seem to have stumbled on the solution. When the docs are
> iconised, no icon appears on the pinboard. If you select all
> (without seeing anything on the pinboard), and then take the option
> to "tidy", the icons re-appear in the top right corner. It would
> seem that they are being iconised OFF the screen.

My Pinboard is set to iconise to top right but it appears that the
window gets iconised on the pinboard at the position of the button
used to iconise it. If you iconise a window with nothing else behind
it you may well see the same effect. It seems that the 'iconise to' is
only applied when tidying (unless to iconbar when, of course, it gets
TinyDir-ed instead).

RISC OS Select 3i4 (on a Risc PC) correctly iconises to the right
place without needing to be tidied. I notice that the
'Options->Iconise windows' entry on Pinboard's menu is greyed out here

Files dragged to the pinboard stay where you put them until tidied
which obviously helps to find them again. If you have a lot of windows
open and so chose to iconise to a corner, you may need to find a gap
where you can see the pinboard and use 'Select all->Windows' then
'Selection->Tidy' to put them where you wanted. You should then be
able to find them.

You suggest that the iconised windows are being taken off screen
(perhaps magpie fashion) while I suggest that they are being buried
under all your other windows (like a dog burying things in your
garden).
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
Tragedy - when the feeling's gone and you can't go on.