[iyonix-support] Re: Dead Iyonix

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:52:42 GMT

In message <538342b251.GrahameParish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Grahame Parish <grahame.parish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had to disconnect the mains to restart the computer, but
> on doing so I got my first ever 'pyjamas' incident with vertical fine
> coloured stripes in repeating sequences across the screen and the
> monitor complained that is was not being fed an optimal resolution.

I run Geminus with 2 screens - but only get pyjamas on one screen.

I switch off at the main 13A socket.
Wait for 20 secs (minimum).
Switch on the mains.
Wait until the monitors have finished telling me that there is no
signal.
Press the elliptical button and release, then asap press and hold the
circular one for 5 seconds.
Wait for a beep and usually - not always - away we go. If not, back to
switching off the mains again.

(Sometimes only one screen lights up with the complete desktop.)

Good luck.

--
BW Chris F. [ British Iyonix, RISC OS 5.16 ]
Wakefield RISC OS Show - Sat 16/04/11 - www.wakefieldshow.org.uk