[iyonix-support] Re: Dead Iyonix

  • From: Grahame Parish <grahame.parish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:40:53 GMT

In message <b5344bb251.GrahameParish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Grahame Parish <grahame.parish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <Marcel-1.53-0311123904-d07pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           CJE Sales <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Fri 11 Mar, Grahame Parish wrote:
>>>
>>> ...boards this evening or over the weekend.  Does CJE carry either
>>> component I wonder (USB card and/or FX card)?

>> Yes, we can supply replacement USB and/or graphics cards. Is it a classic
>> case? Note that replacement new USB cards only support one front USB socket
>> and two rear sockets.

>> Andrew

> It's a classic Iyonix bought from CJE at the Guildford show circa
> 2003. Could you please email me the prices to the address below.

Having just had the first chance to carry out some further testing, it
appears that the graphics card has failed.  I don't get pyjamas
anymore, just a blank white screen and no boot up if it is fitted.
With it removed the machine does beep as it runs through the initial
startup.

Just got to decide whether to replace the card or carry on with the
Beagle xM, which has been working very well with only one reboot for
two weeks now (it doesn't seem to like GPrint2 and hangs during
printing) running OPro, Messenger, SparkFS, NetFetch, Organiser,
Sunfish (needs alignment exceptions turned off to start it, but OK
once running), RDPClient, StrongEd, NetSurf, PrivateEye and 7Backup.
It's all working at 1600*1000x16M @ 45Hz, so I'm missing much that I
could do on the Iyonix.  Decisions...