[iyonix-support] Re: DVI on Iyonix

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:06:24 GMT

In message <2454148.205217-tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart) wrote:

> The TV set input has three rows of five pins; while the Iyonix has a row
> of five pins, and a row of four pins. Its monitor has no input socket.

You must be looking at one of the serial connectors.  The Iyonix's
video connector has three rows of 5 pins.

> > If it accepts standard VGA/SVGA/XGA/SXGA PC inputs, then
> >it accepts standard signals at standard frequencies...
> >
> >I have no idea why you should imagine differently.
>
> Because of the hoops we used to jump through to connect older Acorns,
> with some lines severed, others joined together, and some earthed.

You're going back to the days before the VGA connector became the
de facto standard.

> > Just connect it up and enjoy.
>
> Or connect it up and lament.

The worst thing you might have to lament is a little wasted time.
But, frankly, I think the chances of its not working are
vanishingly small.

> >Oh, and let us know the results!
>
> That's what my Iyonix-owning friends say, two of whom have the same TV.

So get on with it!

Dave