[iyonix-support] Re: DVI on Iyonix

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:01:03 +0000

Hi

Steve Ellacott wrote:
Hi folks

I am planning to upgrade my graphics card (I already have RO 5.12) before switching to an LCD monitor and would like a bit of advice.

1) If I buy a FX5200 graphics card that has DVI output will I be able to use it to drive a DVI monitor?

not digitally ATM .. still have not derived the required register settings to turn on the DVI driver chips

2) Do I need a 256 Mb card or willa 128 Mb one do?

either

3) Is it actually worthwhile upgrading? What are the main advantages?

I'll leave that to others to answer

4) Any general advice as to a good choice of card?

the one from IYONIX Ltd?

John

Steve

--