[iyonix-support] Re: DVI on Iyonix

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:26:16 +0000 (GMT)

On 12 Feb, Tony Todd <tony.todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: iyonix-support-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Iyonix supplied me with the latest graphics card, an MDF and a 24 inch
> HP widescreen LCD monitor.

> It works via DVI on my PC and at 1920 x 1200 is stunning for
> photographic work in CS2.

> The Iyonix is connected ay 1920 x 1200 via the second DVI connector
> although DVI is not yet available. Even so the display is excellent. Two
> A4 documents side by side in O Pro and superb images in Artworks.

> Happy to chat off-list if you want more information.
OK, I would like to take you up on that!

Tony, please excuse my ignorance, but I have been toying with the idea of
upgrading my monitor - 20" 1280 x 1024 max - but wonder what the situation
is with a wide-screen monitor and graphics? What is the appearance of a
perfect circle drawn in, say, Artworks? Is the picture stretched to fill
the screen, or is the extra width simply added at the sides? I cannot
picture what happens.
I have so far ignored all the widescreen monitors because of this
uncertainty. The idea of having two A4 sheets side by side very much
appeals to me!

Rgds,
John

--