[icon-discuss] Re: New user with questions

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:41:52 -0800

I cannot speak for sure to the APH CD, but I believe the tutorials spoken of in
the manual refer to a Geting Started tutorial.  And I think, this is a recent
addition to the APH CD (I know that LevelStar has contained one for a while).
As for separate documentation/tutorials, etc, I just meant to point out that
APH has done their own web casts concerning the Braille +, and LevelStar has
done their own tutorials and podcasts.  However, most users access both and are
certainly welcome to do so.  Also, the manual on the LevelStar site is not the
Help file, but is a manual specifically written for Icon.  However, we're
running the same software, and all resources can be used either by a Braille +
or Icon user to enhance their learning experience as each is done in a
different style, both are useful and valuable.  The websites you have are the
only ones available and are the correct URLS.

Jenny