[icon-discuss] Re: New user with questions

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 04:16:15 -0600

I am glad you are getting a Braille+.  I really enjoy mine.
There is no difference that I know of.  The Icon and Braille+ use the same
drivers, and the synchronization program, and there really isn't much else
on the CD.
I didn't know there were tutorials on the CD.  I didn't even get a tutorial
on mine.  All of the tutorials are the same,.
No, you don't have to read the manual on line.  Here are the ways to read
the manual.
Press help anytime on the Braille+/Icon, and it will open the manual.
Order a Braille manual from Levelstar.  This manual is identical to the one
on the Icon/Braille+, but it is in Braille.  It costs $30.00.
Lastly, there is a manual on the CD.  When you install the sync program, it
will install the manual.  If you don't install the sync program, you can
find it on the cd in a manuals folder, I think.
Yes, the Levelstar and APH trainings are archived.  To find the Levelstar
Archives, go to:
http://www.accessibleworld.org/
and click on the Levelstar Archives link under the Archives heading.  The
APH trainings are found at:
http://www.aph.org/webcast
The Levelstar trainings don't happen during the day, but the APH ones do.
The Levelstar trainings are at 6:30 P.m mountain, 7:30 P.M central, etc,
assuming that you live in the United States.

Chase Crispin
Blind Mobile Tech (BMT) blog:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com
e-mail:
chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx
APH Training Videos on Youtube are also linked to at:
http://tech.aph.org/mm