[haiku] Re: Translation/localization info for translators

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:03:00 +0200

> > Jonas Sundström "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I suggest a weekly pulling of the catalogs, by the committer
> > currently in charge of this function, from HTA to his source
> > checkout, automated by way of a Jam rule.
>
> Why jam rule? This sounds like a script of some sort. I don't
> see the point in adding it to the build system.

Making something a jam rule seemed to me the most sure way to get
any kind of build-related functionality into everyone's hands,
documented, known and used. That was my line of thought.

But you're right. It could just as well be a script and live in
src/tools alongside checkstyle.py. And it would be a simple
enough script now that the Jamfiles don't have to be patched.

(Pardon my somewhat late reply. My webhotel had a cable cut by
road construction.)

/Jonas.