[haiku] Translation/localization info for translators

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:05:55 -0700

Howdy,

The Haiku Translation Asistant (HTA) FAQ at...

http://hta.haikuzone.net/faq

...points the translators to Trac for submission of patches.

Recently, a notice stating "PLEASE DO NOT SEND PATCHES FROM HTA TO THE HAIKU
TRAC SYSTEM!" has been added to the page "How can I help?" on HTA page here:

http://hta.haikuzone.net/node/31268

This is contradicting and confuses translators. Can anyone in the know please
clarify what the exact workflow is so that it can be documented consistently in
a single place (the localization wiki perhaps?) for all translators to see?

Also, the information for translators is too scattered across multiple
resources (i18n wiki in Trac, User Guide web translation tool, HTA, mailing
lists, etc.). This makes the situation prone to sending contradicting message
that can (and do) confuse contributors.

To avoid this, can we agree on a single place where all information required
for translators can be documented?

Thanks!

Jorge / aka Koki