[haiku] Re: Translation/localization info for translators

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 19:29:45 +0200

-- Jorge G. Mare, on Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:14:04 -0700:
> I am curious: being that the locale kit is enabled, and thus you can
> expect that there will be people using it, what is the reasoning for
> not
> bringing the user guide in sync i18n-wise as apps are being localized
> instead of waiting for all the apps to be localized? Doing it all at
> once when all the apps are localized (most likely at the eleventh
> hour?)
> sounds a bit scary...

When the German translation was started 5 months ago it wasn't at all
clear if R1 would be localized. So we started with keeping the original
strings. The German translation being more or less complete for about 4
months now, localizing strings hasn't really come up at all... :)
Seeing how fast the original translation went, I'm confident we can
handle exchanging those strings in time. Also, seeing that the
localized strings are still a bit in flux, it may even save some time.
To be honest, taking all those localized screenshots seems to be much
more boring work...

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de