[haiku] Re: Translation/localization info for translators

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:38:16 +0100

2010/3/27 Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Howdy,
>
> The Haiku Translation Asistant (HTA) FAQ at...
>
> http://hta.haikuzone.net/faq
>
> ...points the translators to Trac for submission of patches.
>
> Recently, a notice stating "PLEASE DO NOT SEND PATCHES FROM HTA TO THE HAIKU
> TRAC SYSTEM!" has been added to the page "How can I help?" on HTA page here:
>
> http://hta.haikuzone.net/node/31268
>
> This is contradicting and confuses translators. Can anyone in the know please
> clarify what the exact workflow is so that it can be documented consistently
> in a single place (the localization wiki perhaps?) for all translators to see?

At first we tought it was better to send the translation on trac, and
that was even before hta was started. But now that hta is working
quite well, I can easily get the data from there, so it's enough to
ping me when you want the translations to be synced. When :
1) all the bugs in hta are fixed
2) the translation approval system is in place
we will consider moving to an automated commit system so that I don't
have to handle all the translations by hand (they are going way to
fast for me and I'm lagging behind).

We're trying to improve the workflow itself, things changes on a day
to day basis, so expect the documentation to get out of sync.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx