[haiku] Re: Tentative approval for paying for the fliers

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 00:10:57 -0500

Without quoting anyone, I just want to say that from all I have seen
Jorge has made a perfectly reasonable request, and the plan given in
his last email sounds fine to me.

I am going to push the BOD to approve the funding so we can all move on.

And seriously everyone, please consider the economic value (time ==
money) that has been wasted by all our time discussing this issue over
a potential expenditure of $150-200. Can we all have a little
perspective here? In the future I will personally try to be a little
more proactive in nipping this sort of thing in the bud. Jorge and
anyone else needing funding should not need to offer his first born
child as collateral when making a pretty reasonable request such as
this. Designing the new flier will take him some time, and I'm sure he
gets pretty well paid for that time normally. So it isn't absurd to
expect him to want to ensure fliers will be purchased by Haiku, Inc if
he spends that time. He certainly should not have to do all that work
and then buy the fliers himself.

--
Regards,
Ryan