[haiku] Re: Tentative approval for paying for the fliers

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:00:08 -0800

Hi Stippi,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Ingo, your response sums it up pretty well, IMHO. I would like to add the observation, that the Haiku, Inc BOD could ask the reverse question that Jorge keeps asking: Why is Haiku Inc so untrustworthy in your eyes, Jorge? Have they ever turned the back on someone when they expressed their willingness to provide funding? Jorge, you want to be respected for your previous work and contributions, and you have all rights to do so, IMHO. But it would be nice if you could extend the same trust in other members of the community, specifically those on the Haiku, Inc BOD in this case.

In this particular case, because Haiku Inc. boycotted, apparently for no reason, my attempt to hold a vote to see what the community wanted. I put a lot of time and effort into researching eco-friendly papers and environmentally friendly printers to cater to the concerns raised during the discussion, and getting all those 9 quotes so that people could make an informed decision. And they just killed it, on a whim. Thank you very much.

As it turns out, Urias says that my attempt was viewed as a (and I quote) "Screw Haiku, Inc., let's vote anyway" situation that I intentionally created.

Tell me: what trust can I have from people that can only think the worst of what I do?

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki