[haiku] Re: Tentative approval for paying for the fliers

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:17:51 -0800

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is my commitment not enough for Haiku Inc. to guarantee the funding?

It's my impression that there really isn't (and likely wasn't) going
to be an issue with the funding on this.

Your work generally speaks for itself, and I think everyone in this
community knows that you are good at what you do.

As has been hashed over repeatedly now (and I know this doesn't have
to be repeated, but...), the contentious point was that if Haiku, Inc.
was funding the printing, they wanted to make sure there's a chance
for review before printing (community review sounds fine to me!) and
that the artwork be available to the community.

Since you have confirmed that both of these will happen, I think you
can be reassured of receiving funds for printing.

Personally, I even trust you to choose the printing company and the
paper type because I believe you will choose an option that is in the
best interests of the project for marketing purposes.

- Urias