[haiku] Re: Tentative approval for paying for the fliers

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:02:35 -0800

scott mc wrote:
Just decide whether you want to adhere to the standard or not.
Which standard?

The one that the developers enjoy, where they are paid before showing any
results?

The developer's weren't paid, but the hardware that they needed to
have on hand to do the coding was paid for.

And that's exactly my point; both a commitment and the actual payment are made to spend funds on hardware for developers without knowing whether they will deliver or not.

Take for example HCD, when a developer fails to deliver code, no
funding is given..

Obviously. I am not asking that Haiku Inc. prepay. I am asking that Haiku Inc. make a commitment, and not a tentative of conditional one.

Or the one for the second-class citizens, who have to show the results
before Haiku Inc. will commit to anything?

There's nothing to pay for without the artwork correct?  There's a
tentative commitment to pay for it, but how can they pay if there's
nothing to pay for yet?  You're comparing apples to oranges here.

You don't understand. It is the commitment that is lacking. Nobody is asking to be paid in advance; what is being asked is that the commitment be made in advance, just like it is done when stuff is purchased for developers, or a plane ticket is bought for someone to go to a conference, etc. The payment comes obviously later, after the goods are actually delivered.

Jorge