[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:50:50 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:

Ok, propose a more feature complete image viewer is supposed to be a third
party opportunity. Suppose you were that third party. Wouldn't you take
ShowImage and improve it? So what, then we have Haiku ShowImage and
ShowImage++? That just doesn't make sense to me. If I want to remove red
eyes, ok, I fire up WonderBrush, also if I want to retouch a foto. But we
were only talking about lossless rotation! :-)

I find it ridiculous that the average user has to fire up a monster imaging application like Photoshop, GIMP, or WonderBrush to get *simple* tasks like "extract", "resize", "sharpen", "change contrast", "remove red eyes" done. There is a huge gap between simple image viewers and image processors.
Do you know those little apps that sometimes ship with your digicam or scanner? They have maybe five buttons and they are very specialized, but many people love them because they get their work done without having to think about any details. OneClick(TM) and it JustWorks(TM)!
This is just from my personal experience (when I had to help other people and when doing it for myself).

Bye,
Waldemar