[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:50:56 +0200

On 2006-04-19 at 18:49:23 [+0200], Fredrik Holmqvist
<holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tracker-addons presentation may leave a bit to be desired, but to have
> a specific funtion to map to a specific mime-type (JPG) seems very much
> to fit with the Tracker-addon concept.

Isn't this like it has been for some time? It's just not hiding addons yet,
or is it?

> Adding 'writing' to a viewer
> especially for a specific format seems overkill to me. Soon someone
> will want 'red eye'-removal or similar. Unless you just want to make
> ShowImage plugin-aware.

Well... it's always been about what most users want. JPEG happens to be
*widely* used, and uploading photos from a digicam is what vast amounts of
people seem to be doing all the time. I don't mind having a special case
for rotating such an image in ShowImage. Not a big deal to program, but a
big deal if it's missing.
Though as was mentioned, ShowImage does lossless rotation right now. That
is, if your images happen to be on a BFS volume like your cameras flash
disk or your backup CD-ROM. ;-)

Best regards,
-Stephan