[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:07:45 +0200 CEST

ShowImage isn't the right tool for rotating, scaling and processing
your images, at least not _permanently_. It's purpose is to be an image
browser, that works in tandem with Tracker. Alt-Up/Down skipping in
Tracker folders, basically. Lightweight, clean and with a few well
designed smarts.

If you need more, get a real photo editing suite, or get/make a set of
Tracker add-ons that aids your particular workflow, but don't try to
shoehorn more into ShowImage or sub-apps. (Tracker add-ons that talk to
a running ShowImage.)

I think Tracker add-ons are nice, but Haiku can't be everything to
everyone, and we're not creating a good user experience by exposing all
possible functionality in every part of the system.

(My 0,02 SEK)

/Jonas Sundström.