[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Fredrik Ekdahl" <fekdahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:47:17 +0200

2006/4/19, Waldemar Kornewald wkornew@xxxxxxx:

> (More work for volunteers to get started... ;)

Maybe somewhat offtopic but something I really miss in ShowImage is the
ability to do _lossless_ rotation of jpeg images. It is probably out of the
scope for ShowImage, but is still a very frequent operation among all users
of digital cameras. It's one of very few things that makes me still boot up
Windows sometimes. Doing it the way it's handled now would recompress the
image and probably throw away all EXIF tags...
Command line app jpegtran which is included as an examble in libjpeg (which
already is in svn) can handle this, but using a command line app for doing
rotation of images isn't funny...
Anyone else who would like to do lossless rotation of your pictures taken
with your digital cameras in Haiku?
Or do anyone have a suggestion on another way of doing this?

Fredrik