[haiku] Re: Reducing paper waste at conferences

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:11:43 -0800

Alexandre Deckner wrote:
Jorge G. Mare wrote:

In principle you're right, note though how i tried to be brief, polite and stay on to the point. Now in reality, you simply seem against finding solutions as you show again in your following paragraphs and other mail, it seems more to me that this is the disagreeing with you that is off topic.

Trying to save the world is a noble cause, but attempting to use this or any other Haiku mailing list as a means to discuss ecology is simply off topic.

That "irony" you mention now is the "ridicule" i mentioned in my first message. Worse problems? Already answered. Ah if only you were backing that with some science. What is a more efficient way of communicating worldwide than sending a few electrons through metal? This is order of magnitudes more efficient than anything else, and some parts already run on renewable electricity (as our new dedicated server does apparently).

The very same computers that are used to process all those electrons as well as the many other electronic appliances that people use on a daily basis at homes, offices and just about anywhere else you go -- many of which perform superfluous/non-essential functions in our lives -- not only consume a lot of energy that are putting a strain on natural resources, but they also generate a lot of waste that are extremely damaging to the environment.

So, how about we all give up using ours computer and all other electronic conveniences to save the earth? Since you are so concerned about the environment, are you willing to do that?

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki