[haiku] Re: Reducing paper waste at conferences

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:46:18 +0100

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Haiku Inc. manages the funds, and it definitely has the authority
> > use them. It acts on behalf of the contributors, though, and will
> > certainly not do anything that they don't want.
> Did I miss something or was there some process through which the
> Haiku
> Inc. folks attributed this (newly acquired?) discretionary powers to
> themselves?

As Urias pointed out, Haiku Inc. always had complete control over its
very own funds.

> Anyway, you really can't know what the contributors want if you don't
> ask them; allowing input for the budget is very nice, but this does
> not
> give the community the chance to influence on any of the specifics,
> which is what really matters.

Every one is allowed to give input. Haiku Inc. just consists of a few
contributors that are willing to do the job, nothing more, nothing
less. They take care of a particular area within the Haiku project,
much like everyone else does.
If you don't trust them for whatever reason, that's entirely your
problem. You're free to help, like everyone else, and you even take
that opportunity from time to time.

The only thing I really would like to change is how the BOD is built; I
would like to have the Haiku Inc. members be elected every few years.
But that probably doesn't make any sense until we have a few more
contributors that are interested in doing that kind of job.

Bye,
   Axel.