[haiku] Re: Reducing paper waste at conferences

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:35:31 +0100 CET

> Political issues are a hot point for many people - environmentalism
> is
> a political issue, it's that simple.

Hey there, in case you haven't followed the news, even all the
governments of the world can't reach a consensus at Copenhagen, I don't
think you'll get one here, so no need to take the fight ;-)

We're all screwed anyway in 2012 according to the Maya and other people
:D

Of course it's an important matter, but we won't fix the climate by
just changing the paper we use. Things like taking the train instead of
plane likely have much more impact.

It's a good idea to think about how to use less paper or use it better
but it doesn't deserve dripping blood for this.

Also remember all the mails you exchange need electrons flowing in the
pipes, which means uranium fission or trees burning too...

François.