[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:17:57 -0600

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a/Windows-For-Devices-Articles/Device-Profile-DT-Research-WebDT-366-rugged-tablet/
>
> ...the WebDT 366 uses USB 1.1. I may be wrong, but I was under the
> impression that Haiku only supports USB 2.0. If that were in fact the case,
> would this not explain why Haiku fails to boot on your device?

Haiku supports both, else you would be unable to use things like USB
keyboards and mice, as those are generally 1.0/1.1 devices. In general
a modern PC has both 1.1 and 2.0 host controllers for low vs high
speed devices (UHCI or OHCI = low speed, EHCI = high speed aka 2.0).

Hope that clears things up a little,

Rene