[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Cameron Mac Millan <casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:57:48 -0500

It is possible that the WebDT device expects a partition table and
boot sector instead of a raw partition.

Quite possible. I'll need to investigate that next, but I've had success with other OSes booting using a straight dd.

I had issues with booting from USB on my EeePC because the USB size
was too small (The device treated anything smaller than 512Mb as a
floppy drive)

So far it's worked for me from 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB flash drives. Didn't try my 8GB, but if the others work then that one's academic.

Have you booted other OSes on the WebDT using USB?

Yes.  Puppy Linux, amongst other linuxes.

If so what procedure did you follow to write them to the USB drive?

The same - I just dd'd the image over.

Thanks,

- Cameron.