[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 13:08:46 -0800

Cameron Mac Millan wrote:
I'm testing Haiku on a device (WebDT 366) that only allows three kinds of boot media: a USB-attached CD-ROM drive, USB flash drive, or its proprietary internal SSD (equivalent to /dev/hda). Burning CDs ad infinitum to test nightlies or spec builds isn't really going to work out, so I've been trying to get raw images working with USB flash drives.

According to...

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a/Windows-For-Devices-Articles/Device-Profile-DT-Research-WebDT-366-rugged-tablet/

...the WebDT 366 uses USB 1.1. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Haiku only supports USB 2.0. If that were in fact the case, would this not explain why Haiku fails to boot on your device?

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki