[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:17:41 -0800

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Cameron Mac Millan
<casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As Ingo has specified above as well, there are 2 possible does not boot
>> issues.
>>
>> 1.  Haiku boot loader "Failed to load OS. Press any key to reboot..."
>> 2.  BIOS boot loader "no disk" or other error.
>>
>> We don't yet know which it is.
>
> Apologies for that; I wasn't as clear as I could have been.  It's the
> BIOS "no disk" error.

I see that on a handful of commodity machine BIOS' as well - it seems
there's a disagreement with how we format the USB device on those
machines - perhaps because they're looking for a valid MBR/intel
partition table before continuing, which a raw image lacks.

- Urias