[openbeos] Re: (No Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:26:37 +0100

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 08:49:44 +0200

Hello Chris,

> I would *strongly* urge the dev team to include the ability to
> change the icon theme from the default set of icons.

we need to focus our efforts. There is a lot of positive points for a fixed
default set of icons. So we will have that. Wether we will at some point in
the future provide some built in theming depends largely on two things: A)
Is there someone to write the code? B) Can it be done in a very integrated
and clean way, without so many downsides so that all Haiku devs consider it
a nice solution?

For Haiku R1, I don't estimate that there is some built in theming. That
being said, Haiku does let you change your icons. Same level of comfort as
R5.

Best regards,
-Stephan