[openbeos] Re: (No Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:26:37 +0100

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:05:23 +0200 CEST

"Chris Peel" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can't compare corporate users to home users.  And Haiku certainly
> won't
> become a corporate o/s choice so that argument seems a bit moot
> really.  Of
> course home users care about changing themes and icons - just look at
> all
> the customisation sites there are for Windows, Linux, mobile phones
> and
> pdas.

I never changed the icon set on any of my OS installs. And I'm not a
corporate user either.
I also don't know anyone personally that has changed his icon set to
something else.
Don't explain the world from your preferences and likes.
Do Windows and/or MacOS come with themability? No. Is this a problem?
No, not really. And if you really have to do it, there are ways to do
it (the customization sites you mentioned - those may exist for Haiku
as well). It really doesn't have to be part of the OS for a minority
group, how loud they may shout.

Bye,
   Axel.