[openbeos] Re: (No Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:26:37 +0100

  • From: "Chris Peel" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 07:39:57 +0100

Understood.  I'm wondering now though if you haven't stumbled into a right
old hornet's nest with the icon competition.  Giving users a choice is
sometimes a Bad Thing ;) and after seeing some of the entrants for the
competition there are a few sets (no names, no pack drill) that if they made
it into the final release would seriously put me off using Haiku.  I would
*strongly* urge the dev team to include the ability to change the icon theme
from the default set of icons.  For example, after installing Ubuntu a few
days ago, the first thing I did was change the icons while leaving the
frames and controls as the default.