[openbeos] Re: Just one, big question, seriously

  • From: "unlyrn" <unlyrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 01:21:11 NZST (+1200)

> I really want to know what is going to be so cool about OpenBeOS R1?
> So far
> as I stated I have seen BlueOS which I guess is a Be like OS and
> AtheOS,
> which I am not use what they are doing. So what is OpenBeOS got on
> these?
>
> I am not against stop OpenBeOS, Just I like to be able to know what
> it has
> over others.

Well, the difference is that OpenBeOS _is_ BeOS, in a very literal
sense
OK, so a few things will be changed for legal reasons, and a few
(hopefully all :)
bugs will get fixed...  but its basically what the name suggests.

Apart from bugfixes, and the satisfaction of using 'free' software, it
probably
won't offer much over BeOSr5 for the enduser... but it will make
extending the
OS a much easier task, and provide a great deal of insight for both OS
and
application developers....

You might want to take a look at the FAQs on
http://openbeos.org

Hopefully these should provide most of your answers...

David Shipman