[openbeos] Re: Just one, big question, seriously

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:41:06 CEST (+0200)

> Ok, being the last guy to read everything. Can I ask a question? I am
> enduser, not a programmer. I am System Admin that loves to mess with
> OS. I
> love BeOS. I have post in the past about the need for networking,
> which Be
> has been missing, and before I get blasted to the gates of Hell. I
> mean
> networking like Apple or Microsoft OS has. So me being one of the end
> users
> that will install R1 and play with it, what can I look for that will
> be
> different from BeOS 5.03? I know you guys are taking the core of Be
> and
> making it better, but will make me dance with joy?

If David proceeds the way he did in the past, networking will be one of
"BeOS'" strengths.
So I think you will enjoy R1 from that POV :-)

> One note it sound like Be is now going into three directions from all
> the
> posting I have been read, I wish you all join and make Be great.

Yes, that would be great. And I think that when we have our own kernel,
there is not much point in keeping the linux kernel as a base anymore
(although even that one seems to go to better modularity and latency).
The last thing I want to do as an enduser or developer or the simple
human being is recompiling the kernel to fit my needs (or even worse,
just to make it work).

Adios...
   Axel.