[openbeos] Re: Just one, big question, seriously

  • From: "Andrew Gildehaus" <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:08:57 -0600

> Well, how do you think something as great as BeOS came about?

We're building up the foundation Be had and continuing it from there.  Of
course we're going to improve upon it (work is already being done:
http://glasselevator.sourceforge.net).  When OBOS R1 finally rolls around,
we will have a much more stable networking stack and a much better media kit
than R5 :P

This is the OpenBeOS project, not the OpenBuildSomethingCompletelyDifferent
Project ... we thought the name was too long =)

Linux went and build Unix from the ground up ... go complain over on one of
their many mailing lists :)

Andrew