[openbeos] Re: Just one, big question, seriously

  • From: "Chuck \"PUP\" Payne" <cepayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 00:34:32 -0500

Ok, being the last guy to read everything. Can I ask a question? I am
enduser, not a programmer. I am System Admin that loves to mess with OS. I
love BeOS. I have post in the past about the need for networking, which Be
has been missing, and before I get blasted to the gates of Hell. I mean
networking like Apple or Microsoft OS has. So me being one of the end users
that will install R1 and play with it, what can I look for that will be
different from BeOS 5.03? I know you guys are taking the core of Be and
making it better, but will make me dance with joy?

I know that on my wish list is a lot of things, like seeing on the PPC
again.

Anyway, to clear up a point. Linus base linux on Minux, not Unix. Remember
ATT Labs own the code for Unixt and unless you had a lot of money to buy the
code you had to use things like Minux. And because Minux lack a lot of
things Linux started to write his own kernel.

One note it sound like Be is now going into three directions from all the
posting I have been read, I wish you all join and make Be great.

 | Chuck Payne              |
 | Magi Design and Support  |
 | www.magidesign.com       |
 | cepayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |

BeOS, Macintosh 68K, Classic, and OS X, Linux Support.
Web Design you can afford.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."- Harvey Fierstein