[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: "Jackson, Anthony" <ajackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:26:54 +0100

Would it be possible to have icon "themes" and let the end user decide?
I realise this is post-R1 talk, but I like so many of the submissions
it'd be hard to choose between them. :)

This may be feature creep, but eventually I can imagine end users
wanting a completely customisable experience (complete with curved,
alpha-blended window decorations/edges as discussed ages ago on this
list).  For a self-proclaimed media-OS, making it look pretty and
visually customisable would seem like an important feature - and how
many of us judge software on the wow-factor in the screenshots?

I know many of you love the traditional BeOS themes, but it is, well, a
bit "80s" really and might not appeal to the masses.

Tony (currently liking the ultra-modern Dropline Neu theme)